Are you interested in traditional kitchens in Los Angeles, CA? At German Kitchen Center, our beautifully crafted kitchen design solutions will make your dream kitchen a reality!
Even as kitchens become more modernized, there will always be something special about an old-fashioned country kitchen. With a custom kitchen made in Europe, you are able to benefit from modern engineering without compromising on that laid back country style you love.
Advantages of a Custom Built Country Kitchen
One big factor that influences this decision is the choice of better materials. Traditional kitchen cabinets receive a huge upgrade by eschewing low quality boards for a higher quality material like MDF that is impervious to household liquids and heat, and contains no added formaldehyde. Cabinet finish options have also become very sophisticated. Lacquered cabinets are a popular choice in Europe since modern lacquers are silky smooth and much more durable than paint.
Kitchen functionality is also modernized thanks to the amount of custom add-ons available today for cabinetry. A kitchen can be tailored to appear very traditional on the outside with innovative storage concepts inside. For example, pullout cupboards allow the back of shelves to be reached easily. Cabinet door styles are diverse and unique, such as the rising flap option that gives extra clearance to avoid hitting heads or elbows. Drawer inserts can be designed specifically to hold waste bins, aluminum foil rolls, or even wine bottles.
Kitchen Plan Ideas for Best Use of the Layout
In the past, kitchens were designed for a single cook. Modern day kitchens often accommodate multiple cooks and larger households. A modernized kitchen island is a great way to create additional functions, like a separate cooktop and prep area. An island or peninsula also creates the opportunity for extra seating and storage cupboards.
Another way to optimize your traditional kitchen in Los Angeles, CA is to opt for floor to ceiling cabinets. A single wall can be transformed into a multi-function unit for tall cupboards, display shelves and wall-mounted appliances like the oven and coffee maker. By using the entire wall, the kitchen design helps ensure that no space is wasted.
Eat-in kitchens have also become a popular choice for smaller urban spaces, since the dining room and kitchen are merged. This design also makes the home feel more connected.
Traditional Kitchen Details
Give any kitchen a cottage-like charm by adding country style details.
- Shaker style doors: Many different types of traditional shaker style doors can be added to a custom kitchen. These doors have a framed center panel detail and options range from very basic to ornate and elegant.
- Soft white finish: Pastel colors are trending in kitchen design, and a soft white kitchen finish can be more forgiving on showing dirt than a brighter shade.
- Tongue-in-groove wall panels: By adding panel details to the backsplash or cabinetry, the kitchen has an antique appeal.
- Rustic Countertops: A distressed wood look gives the worktop a country feel. As an added bonus, realistic wood-style laminates cost much less than natural wood and are nearly indistinguishable from the real thing.
- Distressed Handles: Even brand new handles have an antique charm when finished in a brushed metal style.
For more information about our traditional kitchens in Los Angeles, CA, call German Kitchen Center at (888) 209-5240 and one of our expert kitchen designers will be happy to help you.
German Kitchen Center- Your source for beautifully crafted traditional kitchens in Los Angeles, CA!